Coronavirus UpdateMar 11, 2020
The Coronavirus situation is constantly evolving. We recommend that you monitor the State Department for travel restrictions at travel.state.gov and check the CDC’s latest reports. These will help guide you to make the best decision based on your comfort level and travel plans. If you do travel in and around impacted countries, be prepared to follow the CDC recommendations for health screenings and quarantines. Whether traveling domestically or internationally, we encourage you to purchase travel insurance for an additional layer of protection.
Making the decision whether to travel or not is a deeply personal choice. As travel advisors, we are here to assist our clients; their health, safety, and well-being is our top priority. We provide available information, so our clients can make informed decisions about their travel plans.
The Centers for Disease Control has issued the following travel advisories:
- Warning Level 3: Avoid nonessential travel to:
o Italy, as of Feb. 29 o Iran, as of Feb. 29 o South Korea, as of Feb. 24 o China, as of Feb. 22
- Alert Level 2: Practice enhanced precautions to:
o Japan, as of Feb. 22
- Watch Level 1: Practice usual precautions to:
o Hong Kong, as of Feb. 19
• According to the CDC, the best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to this virus as there is currently no vaccine to prevent 2019-nCoV infection. However, as a reminder, CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses.
U.S. State Department Travel Advisories:
- Level 4: Do Not Travel: China, Iran and Lombardy and Veneto in Italy
- Level 3: Reconsider Travel: South Korea, other parts of Italy
- Level 2: Exercise Increased Caution: Japan, Hong Kong
We are here to assist our clients. Should you have any questions or concerns about an existing booking with our agency, please contact us to discuss the options available based on your specific reservation.
Will Medina, Your Personal Travel Agent.
Destination Weddings Expert, LLC